No keywords found. Use a different keyword or click one of the other search tabs...

-- All of ribmountainwi Feed --
Font Size


230 North 3rd Street
P.O. Box 1498
Raton, NM 87740
(575) 445-9661
Fax: (575) 445-2902
Tiana Romero



Encroachment Permit

Rural Addressing for Colfax County, New Mexico to support the enhanced 9-1-1 system as well as provide responsibilities and procedures for the assignment of rural addresses within Colfax County, New Mexico. A uniform Countywide addressing system is for consistent and coherent numbering of structures and is needed to facilitate orderly and comprehensive public services such as mail delivery, utility providers, emergency medical service personnel, fire rescue, and law enforcement services. The uniform Countywide addressing system allows for the consistent naming and numbering of roads, residences and structures within Colfax County for public safety and to minimize confusion for citizens and visitors of Colfax County. 

Rural Addressing Ordinance

E-911 Address Assignment and Verification

 (Mail to:  Managers Dept. Attn: E-911, P.O. Box 1498, Raton, NM 87740 or email to:  Tiana Romero, E-911 Coordinator

  • Print Rural Addressing Application
    (To obtain a “New Address” or for “Verification” of an existing address)

E-911 Address Verification or Request

  • Fee of $25.00 for all new address assignment or a $10.00 fee for all address verifications as per Colfax County Ordinance No. 2021-01.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I obtain a physical E-911 address or receive an Address Verification Form? Download and complete the form from this page when the form is complete either mail the form along with the payment or email the form and complete the payment online. If you do not have access to a computer, the form can be obtained in person or by calling the phone number listed at the top of this page. A form may be mailed to you. Make all mail in payments in the form of check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to Colfax County.

When is it necessary to obtain an address for a property? I was asked to obtain an address verification form from a specific company/business. What do I need to do?
Obtain an Address Verification Form by following the steps listed above.

Why would an address be changed?
There are several reasons an address may be changed for instance: 
• A resident’s driveway changed location.
• Even and odd numbers are on the same side of the road.
• E-911/physical addresses in the rural areas of Colfax County are determined by a distance-based system. If an address does not correspond with measurements, an address may be changed.
• An address may change if it was not obtained through the E-911 Colfax County Office.
• Public safety and timely emergency response are the prime objectives for E-911/physical address assignment. An address may be changed to correct any circumstance that may cause confusion in locating an address in the event of an emergency.

Where should my address be posted to better assist emergency personnel?
Address and road sign posting specifications can be found in the Colfax County Rural Addressing Ordinance No. 2021-01.

Google maps, postal service providers or delivery companies may not be able to locate an address. 
Check with your local Post Office or delivery company to determine if your address is in their database. The E-911 Coordinator can provide you with an Address Verification Form by following the steps above. Colfax County is currently working to enhance their database with outside sources. 

Answers to concerns for rural addressing can be found in the Colfax County Rural Addressing Ordinance No. 2021-01. If you live within the city limits of Raton, your E-911 addressing/road concerns should be addressed to the Raton City Office (575) 445-9451. If you live within the village limits of Angel Fire, your E-911 addressing/road concerns can be addressed to the Angel Fire Village Hall (575) 377-3232 or Santos Martinez at (214) 684-2775. All other Rural Addressing concerns can be addressed to the Colfax County Manager’s Department Attn: E-911, P.O. Box 1498 or 230 N. 3rd St., Raton, New Mexico 87740. (575) 445-9661 ext. 7703 or


Claim of Exemption Form

Ordinance 2021-03 Cannabis 

Resolution #2021-37 ACP Donation of Property

Subdivision Land Ordinance 2021-02

Ordinance for Public Comment

Please enter comments below and click on Submit