2016 GENERAL ELECTION PROCLAMATION
BY REBECCA HOY, COLFAX COUNTY CLERK
POR REBECCA HOY, ESCRIBANA DEL CONDADO COLFAX
Anyone wishing to Absentee Vote for the General Election may do so beginning October 11, 2016. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Anyone desiring to vote by mail must request an application from the County Clerk’s Office. The last day for the County Clerk to send an absentee ballot by mail is Friday, November 4, 2016. The last day to vote in person is Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Colfax County Clerk
Quienes deseen votar ausente para la elección general pueden hacer tan empezando 11 de octubre de 2016. Horario de oficina es del lunes al viernes de 8:00 a.m. hasta las 5:00 p.m.
Cualquier persona que deseen votar por correo debe pedir una solicitud de la Secretaria del condado. El último día para el Secretaria del Condado enviar una boleto de elector ausente por correo es viernes, 04 de noviembre de 2016. El último día para votar en persona es sábado, 05 de noviembre de 2016 de 10:00 a.m. a 6:00 p.m.
Colfax County Clerk
Election InformationDon’t know if you are registered to vote?
Inquiring to the status of your voter registration in Colfax County is as easy as calling your County Clerk at (575) 445-5551 -OR- Visit The New Mexico Secretary of State’s Voter View at http://voterview.state.nm.us.
What can you find out in Voterview?
- Your polling place
- All of your districts
- Your voter information, in case you need to update or change it.
Follow the instructions below:
For all electors within the United States:
Step 1. Download the National Voter Registration Application.
Step 2. Print Page 4, and make sure to include your social security number on your Application.
Step 3. Mail your signed application to your County Clerk’s Office. For a list of New Mexico County Clerks with mailing information Click Here.For overseas and armed forces electors only:
Step 1. Download the Overseas and Armed Forces Electors Federal Post Card Application.
Step 2. Mail, Fax (575) 445-4031, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your signed Federal Post Card Application to your County Clerk.
Important information for filing out registration forms:
- Updating the information on your voter registration is simple; just submit a new form with the updated information.
- Your full social security number is required (in the field marked ID number). Although voter information is public record, birth date and social security number will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed.
- You must register with a major political party (Democrat or Republican) if you wish to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- You can mail your application to the County Clerk’s Office (P.O. Box 159, Raton, NM 87740).
- You must submit your application 28 days before an election in order for it to be processed for that election.
- All registrations submitted after the 28th day prior to an election will not be processed until Monday following the election.
For information, contact the Colfax County Clerk’s Office (575) 445-5551.
Requesting Voter Information
Please print, fill out, and mail in the Affidavit of Authorization form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Colfax County Clerk’s Office at (575) 445-5551.